Yep, that pretty much sums it up. After a bit of neglect during Covid times, we're preparing for a season of sailing in the Bahamas and Snowcat is about ready.
We have systematically been inspecting, troubleshooting, fixing, and replacing many of the systems of the boat. We're feeling confident that Snowcat is shipshape after having the boat and rig inspected.
A few of the repairs and replacements made on Snowcat...
- New solar panels and Victron controller.
- New Blue Sea system monitor.
- New house battery bank and starting batteries.
- Install additional VHF radio
- Replace hydraulic valves and steering cylinders.
- New coat of bottom paint.
- Rig inspection and boat inspection
- New 12 and 24 volt alternators for port engine.
- New electronic control system for port engine (MDI box)
- New 12V/24V transformer.
- New fresh water pump.
- New deck wash outlets.
- New port engine water pump.
- Flushed and removed barnacles
- replaced dingy ratchet straps
- dingy cover
It's been a lot of work, but now we're ready for another adventure aboard Snowcat!0