Warm and sweet with a hint of cinnamon, these apples are a family favorite. We've made Baked Breakfast Apples with every type of apple and they always taste great but the texture will vary. Top them with your favorite low-fat yogurt and granola and it feels like your eating apple pie for breakfast...but it's so much more healthy!
Baked Breakfast Apples
- 4 large Golden Delicious, Granny Smith or Jonathan apples
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup vanilla non-fat yogurt
- 1 cup low-fat granola
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Core apples and place in a baking dish. Combine sugar and cinnamon, then spoon into the center of each apple.
- Pour apple juice over the apples and bake for 60 minutes or until tender when pierced with a sharp knife; basing every 15 minutes.
- To serve, place each apple in a bowl and cut into 8 wedges forming a flower shape. Fill each apple with ¼ cup of yogurt, then sprinkle with granola.