Cheesy Goodness in 25 Minutes
A favorite meal aboard Snowcat is risotto made in our pressure cooker. Traditional risotto recipes have always seemed too daunting a task. They require the full attention of the cook, stirring constantly to coax the fine starch from the Arborio rice to create the creamy texture that makes risotto so rich and satisfying. Who has that kind of time? With a pressure cooker, there is no stirring or waiting...in 25 minutes you have a wonderful meal.
With the new popularity of electric pressure cookers like Instant Pots this recipe should find a new audience. If you have an electric pressure cooker, give this recipe a try and let me know how it turned out. If you have a favorite variation of risotto, let me know...I love trying new versions of this easy recipe.
Easy Pressure Cooker Risotto
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup minced yellow onion
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat butter and oil in the pressure cooker.
- Add onion and cook until soft. Add uncooked rice and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Stir in broth and then bring the mixture to a boil.
- Secure the lid and bring the pressure to high. Cook 6 minutes at high pressure.
- Reduce pressure quickly and remove the lid. If any broth remains, continue to cook over medium heat until it has been absorbed.
- Stir in the cheese and pepper.