How can anything this easy, taste so good? Lemon Chicken Soup marries the refreshing taste of freshly squeezed lemons with tender orzo pasta and chunks of chicken. This is my favorite way to use the remaining chicken from a roasted chicken. The fresh lemon juice awakens your taste buds in a way that bottled lemon juice never could...so don't use bottled juice. This Lemon Chicken Soup tastes the best when it is prepared fresh, so don't plan on leftovers. Enjoy it all while it's fresh!
Lemon Chicken Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ⅓ cup orzo or other small pasta uncooked
- 1 cup cooked chicken chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice about 2 lemons
- 2 eggs beaten
- Bring the broth to a boil in a saucepan.
- Stir in the orzo and chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the orzo is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the lemon juice. Remove from heat.
- Add the egg gradually, whisking constantly.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve immediately.