While traveling in Florida, I make it a point to taste-test as many versions of Key Lime Pie as possible. At home, however, this lighter recipe makes me feel comfortable preparing Key Lime Pie for the family or for dinner parties.
Light Key Lime Pie
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup water
- 1 14-ounce can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- ½ cup Key lime juice I use Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie shell
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water in a small saucepan. Let stand for 2 minutes to soften.
- Cook over low heat for 1 minute or just until the gelatin dissolves, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
- Whisk the condensed milk, yogurt and lime juice in a bowl until blended.
- Add the gelatin mixture and mix well. Spoon into the pie shell.
- Chill, covered, until set or preferably overnight. Garnish with fresh lime slices.