As the days get cooler, I look to comfort foods like baked potatoes. Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite way to change it up a bit. For a meal or game day snack, there is nothing more satisfying than Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges. With a crisp, browned crust over a creamy, smooth center these wedges have a spicy outside, tamed with a yogurt sauce.
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Lime Yogurt Sauce
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1 ½ pound sweet potatoes about 2 large
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Lime Yogurt Sauce
- ½ cup plain lowfat Greek yogurt
- Juice and zest from one lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 425˚ degrees.
- Wash and cut each potato in half lengthwise. With the skin on, cut each half into four long spears.
- Cover a large baking pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Brush potato spears with olive oil then place wedges, skin-side down, in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Combine chile powder, cumin, salt, paprika and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle the cut surfaces of the sweet potatoes with the seasoning mix.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for 25 minutes or until wedges are browned and beginning to carmalize.
- Make the sauce by stirring together the yogurt, lime juice, lime zest and honey.
- Serve the Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges on a platter, drizzled with Lime Yogurt Sauce and garnished with fresh cilantro.